Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Telecoms , Food & Beverages and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Software , Financial Services and Chemicals sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which rose 2.12% or 0.570 points to trade at 27.500 at the close. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) added 1.98% or 0.260 points to end at 13.410 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.49% or 0.295 points to 20.110 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ), which lost 2.83% or 5.05 points to trade at 173.50 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 1.18% or 0.108 points to end at 9.033 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 0.64% or 0.700 points to 108.850.
The top performers on the MDAX were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which rose 3.85% to 110.700, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was up 3.36% to settle at 133.65 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which gained 0.92% to close at 63.720.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 4.02% to 0.27 in late trade, Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which lost 3.44% to settle at 82.460 and Rational AG (BS: RAAd ) which was down 2.83% to 547.00 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 1.72% to 35.400, Qiagen NV (DE: QGEN ) which was up 1.43% to settle at 27.750 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 1.42% to close at 19.315.
The worst performers were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 4.36% to 14.250 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 2.58% to settle at 17.350 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 2.55% to 5.915 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 346 to 344 and 102 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 10.14% to 15.44 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.39% or 5.20 to $1312.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.75% or 1.07 to hit $62.26 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.44% or 0.94 to trade at $66.06 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.16% to 1.2285, while EUR/GBP fell 0.15% to 0.8816.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 90.23.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.