Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Telecoms , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Consumer & Cyclical , Chemicals and Insurance sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which rose 3.06% or 0.850 points to trade at 28.590 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 2.32% or 0.280 points to end at 12.370 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 2.30% or 0.450 points to 20.015 in late trade.
Biggest losers included BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ), which lost 0.87% or 0.820 points to trade at 93.070 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 0.67% or 0.70 points to end at 104.15 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) shed 0.59% or 1.10 points to 184.00.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which rose 3.39% to 71.353, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was up 2.61% to settle at 139.50 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 2.41% to close at 56.440.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 46.15% to 0.59 in late trade, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which lost 2.56% to settle at 38.180 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which was down 2.51% to 32.010 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 4.56% to 11.700, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 4.25% to settle at 7.955 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which gained 4.06% to close at 5.994.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 4.17% to 23.430 in late trade, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which lost 1.86% to settle at 75.900 and Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was down 1.52% to 44.80 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 406 to 342 and 42 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.89% to 14.39.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.88% or 11.20 to $1254.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.05% or 0.59 to hit $56.55 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.19% or 0.73 to trade at $61.95 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.07% to 1.1787, while EUR/GBP fell 0.33% to 0.8778.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 93.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.