Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Transportation & Logistics , Construction and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Retail , Food & Beverages and Financial Services sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which rose 3.79% or 1.120 points to trade at 30.670 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 1.56% or 0.168 points to end at 10.936 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) was up 1.35% or 0.960 points to 71.960 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.54% or 0.138 points to trade at 8.808 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 1.06% or 0.740 points to end at 69.260 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 0.74% or 0.740 points to 99.660.
The top performers on the MDAX were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which rose 8.27% to 12.30, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was up 4.03% to settle at 38.950 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 1.85% to close at 57.850.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 5.56% to 45.34 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 1.91% to settle at 38.95 and Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which was down 1.90% to 48.620 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 5.94% to 13.370, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 2.22% to settle at 299.00 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 1.46% to close at 125.400.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 3.87% to 3.655 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 2.11% to settle at 34.380 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 1.60% to 44.260 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 374 to 321 and 85 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.45% to 15.45.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.20% or 2.40 to $1220.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.48% or 0.33 to hit $69.34 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.96% or 0.71 to trade at $74.46 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.34% to 1.1593, while EUR/GBP rose 0.34% to 0.8955.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 94.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.