Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.42%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Technology , Consumer & Cyclical and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Financial Services and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.42% to hit a new 3-month high, while the MDAX index declined 0.01%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.32%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 3.04% or 4.46 points to trade at 151.18 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 3.04% or 6.20 points to end at 210.30 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 2.59% or 0.510 points to 20.170 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 3.16% or 1.630 points to trade at 49.970 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 1.46% or 0.64 points to end at 43.13 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 0.91% or 0.88 points to 95.32.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which rose 4.31% to 40.70, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was up 4.13% to settle at 27.26 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which gained 2.80% to close at 7.99.
The worst performers were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 1.63% to 33.860 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 1.44% to settle at 89.200 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 1.30% to 21.22 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 8.05% to 9.530, VTG AG O.N. (DE: VT9G ) which was up 7.07% to settle at 53.000 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which gained 6.72% to close at 0.13.
The worst performers were Corestate Capital Holding SA (DE: CCAG ) which was down 6.32% to 30.4000 in late trade, JOST Werke AG (DE: JSTG ) which lost 3.30% to settle at 29.3000 and Rhoen Klinikum AG (DE: RHKG ) which was down 3.07% to 24.000 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 397 to 305 and 80 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.93% to 15.72.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.30% or 3.95 to $1328.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 3.32% or 1.90 to hit $55.36 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 3.39% or 2.28 to trade at $64.97 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1349, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8679.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 96.382.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or