Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Transportation & Logistics and Chemicals sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Utilities , Consumer & Cyclical and Technology sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 2.20% or 1.500 points to trade at 69.740 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.68% or 0.810 points to end at 49.110 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 1.49% or 1.00 points to 68.04 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 5.49% or 6.975 points to trade at 120.075 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 2.38% or 5.00 points to end at 204.80 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 2.10% or 0.206 points to 9.603.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which rose 3.57% to 23.24, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which was up 3.23% to settle at 81.900 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 3.08% to close at 137.100.
The worst performers were Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 1.75% to 50.450 in late trade, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which lost 1.26% to settle at 25.840 and Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was down 1.21% to 77.550 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 3.08% to 137.100, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was up 2.33% to settle at 37.84 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 1.73% to close at 21.150.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 5.49% to 120.075 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 2.09% to settle at 26.7000 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.91% to 8.730 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 426 to 255 and 97 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.22% to 14.52.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.84% or 10.95 to $1309.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 2.25% or 1.28 to hit $58.15 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.12% or 0.75 to trade at $67.42 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.17% to 1.1305, while EUR/GBP fell 0.82% to 0.8560.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 96.688.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.