Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Chemicals and Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Utilities , Media and Financial Services sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ), which rose 7.83% or 15.2000 points to trade at 209.4000 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 3.40% or 0.304 points to end at 9.247 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 3.09% or 0.306 points to 10.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which lost 2.88% or 0.256 points to trade at 8.640 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 1.89% or 0.81 points to end at 41.97 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 1.52% or 0.330 points to 21.360.
The top performers on the MDAX were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which rose 5.78% to 41.170, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was up 2.98% to settle at 11.06 and GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which gained 2.51% to close at 32.210.
The worst performers were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was down 5.09% to 72.700 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 4.06% to settle at 21.7300 and Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 2.68% to 6.526 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 1.54% to 13.170, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 0.97% to settle at 29.140 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which gained 0.81% to close at 32.240.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 7.32% to 18.925 in late trade, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which lost 5.86% to settle at 25.70 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 4.69% to 146.200 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 364 to 334 and 77 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.36% to 14.29 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.47% or 5.70 to $1208.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.99% or 0.69 to hit $70.28 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.11% or 0.09 to trade at $79.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.1683, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8878.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 94.08.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.