Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Technology , Basic Resources and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Retail , Food & Beverages and Media sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 2.60% or 3.76 points to trade at 148.24 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 2.26% or 0.435 points to end at 19.680 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 1.41% or 0.275 points to 19.840 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 0.73% or 1.10 points to trade at 150.00 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 0.72% or 0.640 points to end at 88.100 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 0.61% or 0.600 points to 97.440.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 5.87% to 38.25, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 3.69% to settle at 12.92 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 2.92% to close at 58.150.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 13.20% to 36.37 in late trade, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which lost 2.98% to settle at 10.74 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 1.89% to 49.740 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 3.37% to 153.400, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 3.06% to settle at 9.310 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 2.33% to close at 107.500.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 7.01% to 20.420 in late trade, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which lost 2.53% to settle at 94.250 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which was down 1.72% to 31.980 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 417 to 267 and 95 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.93% to 14.95.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.17% or 2.00 to $1203.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.06% or 0.73 to hit $69.41 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.02% or 0.80 to trade at $78.85 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1688, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8880.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 94.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.