Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.56%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Industrials and Software sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Food & Beverages and Media sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.56%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.46%, and the TecDAX index declined 0.11%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 3.64% or 5.100 points to trade at 145.200 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 2.43% or 0.275 points to end at 11.610 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 2.11% or 1.82 points to 88.28 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 8.11% or 1.304 points to trade at 14.780 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.84% or 0.112 points to end at 5.975 and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) shed 0.61% or 0.380 points to 61.640.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 2.94% to 72.94, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was up 2.93% to settle at 35.87 and Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which gained 2.18% to close at 7.768.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 7.03% to 13.025 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 3.80% to settle at 26.320 and Knorr-Bremse AG (DE: KBX ) which was down 2.79% to 95.80 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 3.64% to 145.200, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was up 2.93% to settle at 35.87 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 1.76% to close at 173.000.
The worst performers were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which was down 8.11% to 14.780 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 4.96% to settle at 15.710 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 4.00% to 23.980 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 392 to 321 and 63 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 8.13% to 17.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 1.15% or 15.05 to $1326.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.45% or 0.24 to hit $53.74 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.29% or 0.18 to trade at $61.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.48% to 1.1221, while EUR/GBP rose 0.36% to 0.8875.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.33% at 97.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or