Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.57%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Transportation & Logistics , Financial Services and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Basic Resources sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.57% to hit a new 6-month high, while the MDAX index climbed 0.23%, and the TecDAX index declined 0.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which rose 2.12% or 1.23 points to trade at 59.310 at the close. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) added 1.44% or 0.63 points to end at 44.23 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) was up 1.30% or 0.29 points to 22.590 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 1.96% or 2.40 points to trade at 120.100 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 1.71% or 1.22 points to end at 70.160 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 1.20% or 1.14 points to 93.78.
The top performers on the MDAX were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which rose 2.62% to 32.060, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was up 2.24% to settle at 49.24 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which gained 2.19% to close at 39.750.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 5.50% to 31.10 in late trade, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which lost 2.42% to settle at 36.64 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 2.13% to 50.500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 4.58% to 21.020, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was up 1.58% to settle at 2.897 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 1.27% to close at 151.900.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.46% to 8.915 in late trade, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which lost 2.42% to settle at 36.64 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 2.20% to 9.9020 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0 on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.11% to 12.45.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.01% or 0.01 to $1277.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.38% or 0.24 to hit $64.00 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.04% or 0.03 to trade at $71.95 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.14% to 1.1244, while EUR/GBP rose 0.12% to 0.8648.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.49% at 97.132.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or