Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Software , Technology and Financial Services sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Telecoms and Utilities sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which rose 12.04% or 12.260 points to trade at 114.100 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 8.22% or 10.150 points to end at 133.650 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was up 1.39% or 0.62 points to 45.27 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 2.90% or 1.80 points to trade at 60.20 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 2.21% or 0.217 points to end at 9.603 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 1.95% or 1.020 points to 51.220.
The top performers on the MDAX were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which rose 2.37% to 60.550, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 1.92% to settle at 159.000 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 1.78% to close at 33.150.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 3.81% to 2.801 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 2.96% to settle at 14.2550 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 2.75% to 32.500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) which rose 12.04% to 114.100, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 8.22% to settle at 133.650 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 1.92% to close at 159.000.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.49% to 8.72 in late trade, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 3.81% to settle at 2.801 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 2.75% to 32.500 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 379 to 317 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.85% to 14.09.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.39% or 4.95 to $1278.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.77% or 0.51 to hit $65.79 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.16% or 0.12 to trade at $74.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.62% to 1.1155, while EUR/GBP fell 0.50% to 0.8631.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.41% at 97.718.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.