Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.85%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Software , Utilities and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Technology and Retail sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.85%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.07%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 3.64% or 0.316 points to trade at 8.992 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) added 2.42% or 2.460 points to end at 104.100 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) was up 1.63% or 1.310 points to 81.630 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 1.37% or 0.280 points to trade at 20.100 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 1.20% or 1.060 points to end at 86.920 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 1.12% or 0.820 points to 72.420.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 4.33% to 56.36, Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which was up 2.34% to settle at 14.0050 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 2.33% to close at 33.400.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 2.27% to 38.32 in late trade, Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which lost 1.96% to settle at 66.040 and Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 1.82% to 53.950 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 3.68% to 42.840, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 2.23% to settle at 30.320 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 1.43% to close at 3.545.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 2.81% to 45.00 in late trade, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which lost 2.51% to settle at 124.300 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 2.47% to 25.26 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 407 to 304 and 70 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.39% to 13.44 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.78% or 9.40 to $1201.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.97% or 0.68 to hit $71.00 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.30% or 0.24 to trade at $78.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.30% to 1.1742, while EUR/GBP rose 1.21% to 0.8982.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.40% at 93.84.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or