Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.86%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Construction , Basic Resources and Technology sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Telecoms and Financial Services sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.86%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.70%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.08%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 3.60% or 0.425 points to trade at 12.225 at the close. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) added 2.12% or 1.085 points to end at 52.175 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 2.03% or 1.14 points to 57.43 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 8.35% or 10.225 points to trade at 112.175 in late trade. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) declined 4.66% or 0.723 points to end at 14.807 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) shed 0.38% or 0.075 points to 19.515.
The top performers on the MDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 10.55% to 152.000, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 3.72% to settle at 23.690 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 3.42% to close at 29.020.
The worst performers were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 7.34% to 74.450 in late trade, Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which lost 2.04% to settle at 43.230 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 1.79% to 2.799 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 50.86% to 9.70, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 10.55% to settle at 152.000 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 5.18% to close at 40.180.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 8.35% to 112.175 in late trade, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which lost 7.34% to settle at 74.450 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) which was down 4.66% to 14.807 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 491 to 215 and 76 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.38% to 15.69.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.24% or 3.15 to $1298.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.38% or 0.82 to hit $60.12 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.64% or 0.43 to trade at $67.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1227, while EUR/GBP rose 0.39% to 0.8637.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 96.795.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or