Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Chemicals , Retail and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Utilities , Technology and Industrials sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 3.26% or 3.240 points to trade at 102.500 at the close. Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) added 0.95% or 1.200 points to end at 127.800 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) was up 0.69% or 0.460 points to 66.940 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 3.50% or 0.385 points to trade at 10.620 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 3.34% or 0.287 points to end at 8.311 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 1.83% or 0.320 points to 17.210.
The top performers on the MDAX were Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which rose 2.74% to 28.670, Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was up 1.61% to settle at 103.850 and Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO O.N. (DE: FPEG_p ) which gained 1.60% to close at 40.400.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 4.16% to 74.370 in late trade, Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which lost 3.97% to settle at 37.480 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was down 3.34% to 66.050 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 2.46% to 42.635, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 2.12% to settle at 3.282 and Qiagen NV (DE: QGEN ) which gained 1.84% to close at 19.600.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 6.38% to 25.005 in late trade, LPKF Laser & Electronics (DE: LPKG ) which lost 5.76% to settle at 7.089 and Kontron AG O.N. (DE: KBCG ) which was down 5.17% to 2.970 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 446 to 399 and 40 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.52% to 20.31.
In commodities trading, Gold for April delivery was down 0.72% or 9.00 to $1245.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.51% or 0.21 to hit $41.35 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.24% or 0.10 to trade at $41.30 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.28% to 1.1237, while EUR/GBP rose 0.31% to 0.7812.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.34% at 95.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.