Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Technology and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Chemicals , Telecoms and Utilities sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 2.07% or 3.40 points to trade at 167.75 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 0.71% or 0.130 points to end at 18.485 and Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ) was up 0.66% or 0.130 points to 19.925 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 4.15% or 4.90 points to trade at 113.20 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.90% or 0.300 points to end at 15.525 and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) shed 1.74% or 1.440 points to 81.280.
The top performers on the MDAX were Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which rose 3.34% to 34.300, Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which was up 2.89% to settle at 70.013 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 2.74% to close at 32.005.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 1.48% to 45.075 in late trade, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which lost 1.14% to settle at 35.830 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 0.87% to 12.54 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which rose 3.08% to 9.029, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 2.89% to settle at 65.200 and Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which gained 2.89% to close at 38.50.
The worst performers were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was down 1.21% to 13.336 in late trade, Qiagen NV (DE: QGEN ) which lost 0.61% to settle at 29.125 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 0.54% to 11.065 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 357 to 352 and 21 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.91% to 16.49.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.18% or 2.26 to $1243.54 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.31% or 0.59 to hit $45.52 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.11% or 0.53 to trade at $48.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.29% to 1.1408, while EUR/GBP fell 0.22% to 0.8779.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 95.51.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.