Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Insurance , Telecoms and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Utilities and Software sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 3.19% or 0.194 points to trade at 6.269 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 2.11% or 2.600 points to end at 125.850 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 1.83% or 0.240 points to 13.360 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which lost 1.22% or 0.083 points to trade at 6.700 in late trade. Adidas AG NA O.N. (DE: ADSGN ) declined 0.93% or 1.450 points to end at 155.200 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 0.83% or 0.135 points to 16.045.
The top performers on the MDAX were Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which rose 2.95% to 54.430, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was up 2.19% to settle at 4.95 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which gained 1.82% to close at 28.490.
The worst performers were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 4.80% to 69.430 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which lost 1.59% to settle at 52.700 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which was down 1.23% to 27.680 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which rose 4.13% to 45.405, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was up 1.97% to settle at 17.625 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which gained 1.62% to close at 42.395.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (F: AIXC ) which was down 16.66% to 4.842 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 13.28% to settle at 24.000 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 6.46% to 74.690 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 555 to 356 and 18 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.45% to 17.27.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.41% or 5.15 to $1262.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.44% or 0.73 to hit $50.12 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 1.39% or 0.72 to trade at $51.06 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.0885, while EUR/GBP rose 0.43% to 0.8923.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.11% at 98.73.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.