(For a live blog on European stocks, type LIVE/ in an Eikon news window)
* FTSE 100 roughly flat, FTSE 250 up 0.3%
* Glencore (LON: GLEN ) slips after HY core profit misses market view
* U.S.-China trade tensions still overshadowing markets
Aug 7 (Reuters) - London's main stock market index held steady on Wednesday after a run of six losing sessions triggered by worries over the U.S.-China trade dispute, although commodities trader Glencore hit an almost 3-year low after poor first half results.
Glencore's almost one-third drop in core profit, allied to lower copper prices, pulled mining firms lower. That was offset by gains in healthcare and consumer goods stocks, leaving the FTSE 100 .FTSE blue chip index largely unchanged.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.