At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite added 0.14%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which rose 8.70% or 0.0036 points to trade at 0.0450 at the close. Grivalia Properties REIC (AT: GRIr ) added 6.28% or 0.45 points to end at 7.62 and Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) was up 4.31% or 0.0202 points to 0.4886 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ), which lost 4.32% or 0.007 points to trade at 0.151 in late trade. Public Power (AT: DEHr ) declined 3.23% or 0.04 points to end at 1.20 and Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ) shed 3.12% or 0.038 points to 1.180.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 54 to 45 and 17 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.04% or 0.50 to $1229.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 3.31% or 1.67 to hit $52.09 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 3.51% or 2.07 to trade at $61.11 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.06% to 1.1343, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8848.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 96.882.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.