At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite rose 0.26% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Intralot (AT: INLr ), which rose 9.67% or 0.047 points to trade at 0.533 at the close. Athens Medical (AT: AMCr ) added 9.32% or 0.110 points to end at 1.290 and Marfin Invest (AT: MRFr ) was up 7.24% or 0.005 points to 0.082 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Crete Plastics SA (AT: PLAKR ), which lost 3.54% or 0.400 points to trade at 10.800 in late trade. J. & P. Avax (AT: AVAr ) declined 3.01% or 0.009 points to end at 0.290 and Athens Water (AT: EYDr ) shed 2.90% or 0.16 points to 5.35.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 62 to 43 and 17 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.24% or 3.15 to $1316.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.69% or 0.37 to hit $54.03 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.82% or 0.51 to trade at $62.49 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.29% to 1.1379, while EUR/GBP fell 0.35% to 0.8784.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 96.007.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.