At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite added 0.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Iktinos Hellas (AT: IKTr ), which rose 4.43% or 0.1900 points to trade at 4.4800 at the close. Kekrops SA (AT: KEKr ) added 3.20% or 0.0400 points to end at 1.2900 and Hellenic Telec (AT: OTEr ) was up 2.91% or 0.28 points to 9.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ), which lost 5.06% or 0.040 points to trade at 0.750 in late trade. Quest Holdings (AT: IQTr ) declined 2.99% or 0.400 points to end at 13.000 and Elliniki Technodomiki Anemos SA (AT: ANEMr ) shed 2.64% or 0.040 points to 1.475.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 50 to 48 and 19 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.54% or 6.90 to $1291.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.49% or 0.23 to hit $46.31 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.20% or 0.11 to trade at $55.02 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.45% to 1.1393, while EUR/GBP rose 0.52% to 0.9040.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.54% at 95.905.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.