Greece shares higher at close of trade; Athens General Composite up 0.29%
Investing.com – Greece equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Food , Household and Financials sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite rose 0.29%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Kekrops SA (AT: KEKr ), which rose 11.54% or 0.1500 points to trade at 1.4500 at the close. Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ) added 7.04% or 0.0050 points to end at 0.0760 and Intracom Constructions Technical and Steel Constructions SA (AT: INCr ) was up 4.40% or 0.060 points to 1.425 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Reds (AT: CAMr ), which lost 2.81% or 0.025 points to trade at 0.865 in late trade. Kri-Kri Milk (AT: KRIr ) declined 2.66% or 0.130 points to end at 4.760 and Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) shed 2.54% or 0.0160 points to 0.6150.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 63 to 46 and 15 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.57% or 6.90 to $1198.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.69% or 0.50 to hit $71.78 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.50% or 0.41 to trade at $80.85 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.17% to 1.1747, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8917.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 93.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or