At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite added 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Techn Olympic (AT: OLYr ), which rose 13.64% or 0.240 points to trade at 2.000 at the close. Public Power (AT: DEHr ) added 6.25% or 0.08 points to end at 1.36 and Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ) was up 5.90% or 0.072 points to 1.292 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ), which lost 5.79% or 0.038 points to trade at 0.618 in late trade. National Bank of Greece SA (AT: NBGr ) declined 2.95% or 0.028 points to end at 0.922 and Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) shed 2.86% or 0.0140 points to 0.4760.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 63 to 46 and 11 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.19% or 2.45 to $1280.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $54.16 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.30% or 0.19 to trade at $62.89 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1368, while EUR/GBP fell 0.11% to 0.8813.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 95.988.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.