At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite added 0.35%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Marfin Invest (AT: MRFr ), which rose 4.76% or 0.005 points to trade at 0.110 at the close. Techn Olympic (AT: OLYr ) added 2.54% or 0.050 points to end at 2.020 and J. & P. Avax (AT: AVAr ) was up 2.09% or 0.009 points to 0.439 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which lost 6.10% or 0.0065 points to trade at 0.1000 in late trade. Intralot (AT: INLr ) declined 5.56% or 0.046 points to end at 0.782 and Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ) shed 3.99% or 0.078 points to 1.876.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 57 to 46 and 19 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.45% or 5.50 to $1226.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.81% or 0.56 to hit $69.86 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.65% or 0.48 to trade at $74.41 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.55% to 1.1663, while EUR/GBP fell 0.24% to 0.8871.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.46% at 94.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.