At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite rose 0.40% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Revoil Petrol (AT: REVr ), which rose 7.96% or 0.045 points to trade at 0.610 at the close. Intralot (AT: INLr ) added 4.47% or 0.054 points to end at 1.262 and Hygeia (AT: HYGr ) was up 4.10% or 0.025 points to 0.635 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Iaso (AT: IASr ), which lost 2.69% or 0.035 points to trade at 1.265 in late trade. Marfin Invest (AT: MRFr ) declined 2.11% or 0.003 points to end at 0.149 and Attica Bank SA (AT: BOAr ) shed 2.04% or 0.001 points to 0.038.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 78 to 41 and 12 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.67% or 8.90 to $1331.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.39% or 0.25 to hit $63.55 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.26% or 0.18 to trade at $69.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.91% to 1.2142, while EUR/GBP fell 0.14% to 0.8876.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.69% at 91.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.