Greece shares higher at close of trade; Athens General Composite up 0.56%
Investing.com – Greece equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Retail , Telecoms and Travel sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite gained 0.56%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Reds (AT: CAMr ), which rose 5.68% or 0.050 points to trade at 0.930 at the close. Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ) added 4.23% or 0.0045 points to end at 0.1110 and Aegean Airlines (AT: AGNr ) was up 3.15% or 0.25 points to 8.18 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ), which lost 9.79% or 0.019 points to trade at 0.175 in late trade. Intralot (AT: INLr ) declined 4.30% or 0.040 points to end at 0.891 and Viohalco SA (AT: VIOH ) shed 2.85% or 0.090 points to 3.070.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 57 to 37 and 20 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.52% or 6.50 to $1260.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.12% or 0.83 to hit $73.31 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.43% or 0.34 to trade at $77.90 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.42% to 1.1705, while EUR/GBP rose 0.47% to 0.8851.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 94.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or