At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite rose 0.85% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ), which rose 15.08% or 0.098 points to trade at 0.748 at the close. Attica Bank SA (AT: BOAr ) added 7.77% or 0.008 points to end at 0.111 and Viohalco SA (AT: VIOH ) was up 7.24% or 0.195 points to 2.890 in late trade.
Biggest losers included J. & P. Avax (AT: AVAr ), which lost 19.05% or 0.070 points to trade at 0.299 in late trade. Ekter (AT: EKTr ) declined 3.70% or 0.050 points to end at 1.300 and Motor Oil Hellas Corinth Refineries SA (AT: MORr ) shed 1.79% or 0.40 points to 21.90.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 69 to 49 and 12 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.14% or 1.80 to $1317.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.03% or 0.56 to hit $54.00 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.38% or 0.24 to trade at $62.27 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.29% to 1.1402, while EUR/GBP rose 0.58% to 0.8821.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.31% at 95.863.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.