At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite added 0.88%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Grivalia Properties REIC (AT: GRIr ), which rose 6.90% or 0.60 points to trade at 9.30 at the close. Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) added 6.51% or 0.0550 points to end at 0.9000 and Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ) was up 6.20% or 0.148 points to 2.534 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gek Terna (AT: HRMr ), which lost 4.00% or 0.220 points to trade at 5.280 in late trade. Holding Company ADMIE IPTO SA (AT: ADMr ) declined 3.60% or 0.06 points to end at 1.66 and Athens Water (AT: EYDr ) shed 2.76% or 0.16 points to 5.63.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 61 to 46 and 21 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.14% or 1.80 to $1303.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.79% or 0.54 to hit $67.67 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.98% or 0.76 to trade at $78.48 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.03% to 1.1660, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.8775.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 94.11.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.