At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite added 0.91%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Cenergy Holdings SA (AT: CENEr ), which rose 6.74% or 0.0840 points to trade at 1.3300 at the close. Viohalco SA (AT: VIOH ) added 5.11% or 0.165 points to end at 3.395 and Lamda Develop (AT: LMDr ) was up 4.40% or 0.270 points to 6.400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ), which lost 18.29% or 0.047 points to trade at 0.210 in late trade. Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ) declined 17.42% or 0.0270 points to end at 0.1280 and Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ) shed 8.09% or 0.174 points to 1.976.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 61 to 42 and 20 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.38% or 4.90 to $1269.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $65.69 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.36% or 1.02 to trade at $73.72 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.29% to 1.1608, while EUR/GBP fell 0.31% to 0.8760.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.26% at 94.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.