At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite added 1.08% to hit a new 52-week high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Public Power (AT: DEHr ), which rose 15.20% or 0.38 points to trade at 2.88 at the close. Centric Hold (AT: DESr ) added 12.82% or 0.022 points to end at 0.198 and Select Textile (AT: EPIr ) was up 8.74% or 0.018 points to 0.224 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thrace Plastic (AT: THRr ), which lost 3.17% or 0.090 points to trade at 2.750 in late trade. Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ) declined 2.98% or 0.0070 points to end at 0.2280 and Iaso (AT: IASr ) shed 2.92% or 0.040 points to 1.330.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 91 to 32 and 11 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 1.16% or 15.50 to $1352.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.09% or 0.70 to hit $65.17 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.29% or 0.20 to trade at $70.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.70% to 1.2384, while EUR/GBP fell 0.79% to 0.8714.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.83% at 89.13.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.