Greece shares higher at close of trade; Athens General Composite up 1.26%
Investing.com – Greece equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Telecoms , Retail and Household sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite added 1.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which rose 10.78% or 0.0110 points to trade at 0.1130 at the close. Hellenic Telec (AT: OTEr ) added 4.05% or 0.42 points to end at 10.79 and Marfin Invest (AT: MRFr ) was up 4.03% or 0.004 points to 0.108 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ), which lost 2.97% or 0.005 points to trade at 0.170 in late trade. ThesKi Water (AT: TWSr ) declined 1.50% or 0.070 points to end at 4.630 and Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ) shed 1.46% or 0.030 points to 2.030.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 64 to 26 and 14 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.30% or 3.80 to $1242.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.55% or 0.39 to hit $70.72 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.97% or 0.72 to trade at $75.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was unchanged 0.00% to 1.1671, while EUR/GBP fell 0.08% to 0.8830.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 94.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or