At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite rose 1.30% to hit a new 52-week high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Centric Hold (AT: DESr ), which rose 7.01% or 0.011 points to trade at 0.175 at the close. Sarantiseg (AT: SRSr ) added 6.29% or 0.90 points to end at 15.20 and Techn Olympic (AT: OLYr ) was up 5.60% or 0.130 points to 2.450 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Quest Holdings (AT: IQTr ), which lost 4.66% or 0.550 points to trade at 11.250 in late trade. Profile Syst (AT: PRFr ) declined 3.28% or 0.028 points to end at 0.826 and Iaso (AT: IASr ) shed 2.14% or 0.030 points to 1.370.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 78 to 43 and 13 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.37% or 4.90 to $1336.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.59% or 1.01 to hit $64.58 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.52% or 1.05 to trade at $70.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.20% to 1.2287, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8780.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 89.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.