At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite rose 1.73%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which rose 10.00% or 0.0200 points to trade at 0.2200 at the close. Iktinos Hellas (AT: IKTr ) added 9.20% or 0.2300 points to end at 2.7300 and Elvalhalcor Hellenic Copper and Aluminium Industry SA (AT: ELHA ) was up 8.55% or 0.130 points to 1.650 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Motor Oil Hellas Corinth Refineries SA (AT: MORr ), which lost 1.14% or 0.21 points to trade at 18.15 in late trade. Flexopack SA (AT: FLXr ) declined 0.75% or 0.0500 points to end at 6.8000 and ThesKi Port (AT: OLTr ) shed 0.35% or 0.10 points to 28.40.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 88 to 26 and 13 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.44% or 5.80 to $1321.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.74% or 0.45 to hit $60.70 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.30% or 0.19 to trade at $64.15 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.65% to 1.2330, while EUR/GBP fell 0.18% to 0.8914.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.51% at 90.02.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.