At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite gained 4.68% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were National Bank of Greece SA (AT: NBGr ), which rose 14.84% or 0.152 points to trade at 1.176 at the close. Alpha Bank SA (AT: ACBr ) added 13.58% or 0.164 points to end at 1.372 and Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ) was up 10.86% or 0.095 points to 0.970 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Iaso (AT: IASr ), which lost 1.29% or 0.015 points to trade at 1.145 in late trade. Athens Water (AT: EYDr ) declined 0.19% or 0.01 points to end at 5.19 and Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ) 0.12% or 0.000 points to 0.165.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 99 to 22 and 11 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 1.11% or 13.60 to $1239.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 3.02% or 1.54 to hit $52.47 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.74% or 1.63 to trade at $61.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.1359, while EUR/GBP rose 0.48% to 0.8914.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 96.825.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.