At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite added 0.01%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Select Textile (AT: EPIr ), which rose 7.01% or 0.011 points to trade at 0.168 at the close. Jumbo SA (AT: BABr ) added 6.15% or 0.880 points to end at 15.200 and Bank of Cyprus PCL (AT: BOCr ) was up 4.96% or 0.007 points to 0.148 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Centric Hold (AT: DESr ), which lost 7.69% or 0.008 points to trade at 0.096 in late trade. Papoutsanis (AT: PSALr ) declined 4.30% or 0.008 points to end at 0.178 and National Bank of Greece (AT: NBGr ) shed 4.17% or 0.01 points to 0.23.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 52 to 43 and 13 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was down 1.20% or 13.75 to $1128.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.19% or 0.63 to hit $53.69 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.66% or 0.91 to trade at $55.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.26% to 1.0375, while EUR/GBP rose 0.18% to 0.8404.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.34% at 103.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.