At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite added 0.27%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Centric Hold (AT: DESr ), which rose 4.00% or 0.004 points to trade at 0.104 at the close. FHL I Kiriakidis Marbles and Granites SA (AT: KRKr ) added 3.14% or 0.100 points to end at 3.280 and Intralot (AT: INLr ) was up 2.80% or 0.030 points to 1.100 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thrace Plastic (AT: THRr ), which lost 5.66% or 0.150 points to trade at 2.500 in late trade. Elliniki Technodomiki Anemos SA (AT: ANEMr ) declined 4.46% or 0.050 points to end at 1.070 and AS Company SA (AT: ASCr ) shed 2.44% or 0.017 points to 0.680.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 49 to 43 and 19 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was up 0.18% or 2.20 to $1215.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 1.79% or 0.94 to hit $51.54 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 1.78% or 0.99 to trade at $54.48 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.16% to 1.0695, while EUR/GBP rose 0.50% to 0.8672.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.28% at 100.54.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.