At the close in Athens, the Athens General-Composite rose 1.35%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General-Composite were Alpha Bank SA (AT: ACBr ), which rose 6.21% or 0.105 points to trade at 1.795 at the close. Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) added 5.61% or 0.034 points to end at 0.640 and Select Textile (AT: EPIr ) was up 5.47% or 0.007 points to 0.140 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fourlis Hld (AT: FRLr ), which lost 5.14% or 0.220 points to trade at 4.060 in late trade. Quest Holdings (AT: IQTr ) declined 3.57% or 0.200 points to end at 5.400 and Titan Cement Company SA (AT: TTNr ) shed 3.09% or 0.665 points to 20.825.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 44 to 41 and 23 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.57% or 6.80 to $1184.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 3.78% or 1.78 to hit $45.30 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 3.72% or 1.83 to trade at $47.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.02% to 1.0616, while EUR/GBP fell 0.70% to 0.8491.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.05% at 101.26.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.