Greece shares lower at close of trade; Athens General Composite down 0.05%
Investing.com – Greece equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Banking , Basic Resources and Financials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite lost 0.05% to hit a new 6-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which rose 7.95% or 0.0072 points to trade at 0.0978 at the close. Motor Oil Hellas Corinth Refineries SA (AT: MORr ) added 7.03% or 1.26 points to end at 19.18 and K.L.M. (AT: KLUr ) was up 6.38% or 0.042 points to 0.700 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sarantiseg (AT: SRSr ), which lost 5.00% or 0.36 points to trade at 6.84 in late trade. Fourlis Hld (AT: FRLr ) declined 4.40% or 0.240 points to end at 5.210 and Techn Olympic (AT: OLYr ) shed 3.46% or 0.065 points to 1.815.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 45 to 42 and 16 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.48% or 5.80 to $1204.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.77% or 0.52 to hit $67.72 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.74% or 0.54 to trade at $73.15 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.34% to 1.1371, while EUR/GBP fell 0.27% to 0.8913.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 96.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or