Greece shares lower at close of trade; Athens General Composite down 0.20%
Investing.com – Greece equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Travel , Media and Retail sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 0.20%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Iaso (AT: IASr ), which rose 13.59% or 0.128 points to trade at 1.070 at the close. Kekrops SA (AT: KEKr ) added 7.14% or 0.1000 points to end at 1.5000 and Athens Medical (AT: AMCr ) was up 6.06% or 0.060 points to 1.050 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which lost 11.16% or 0.0050 points to trade at 0.0398 in late trade. Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ) declined 3.78% or 0.006 points to end at 0.158 and Elliniki Technodomiki Anemos SA (AT: ANEMr ) shed 3.66% or 0.060 points to 1.580.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 51 to 45 and 12 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.02% or 0.30 to $1228.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.93% or 0.51 to hit $54.12 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.50% or 0.32 to trade at $63.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.17% to 1.1403, while EUR/GBP fell 0.52% to 0.8863.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 96.420.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or