At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 0.27%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which rose 5.26% or 0.0050 points to trade at 0.1000 at the close. Sarantiseg (AT: SRSr ) added 4.86% or 0.34 points to end at 7.34 and Elvalhalcor Hellenic Copper and Aluminium Industry SA (AT: ELHA ) was up 2.68% or 0.040 points to 1.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Attica Bank SA (AT: BOAr ), which lost 3.07% or 0.007 points to trade at 0.221 in late trade. Kekrops SA (AT: KEKr ) declined 0.78% or 0.0100 points to end at 1.2800 and Jumbo SA (AT: BABr ) shed 2.70% or 0.380 points to 13.680.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 48 to 44 and 23 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.46% or 5.60 to $1217.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.77% or 1.21 to hit $69.70 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.32% or 0.97 to trade at $74.18 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.04% to 1.1563, while EUR/GBP rose 0.40% to 0.8933.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 95.15.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.