At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite fell 0.31% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which rose 17.14% or 0.0120 points to trade at 0.0820 at the close. Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ) added 7.69% or 0.011 points to end at 0.154 and Marfin Invest (AT: MRFr ) was up 2.86% or 0.003 points to 0.101 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Intracom Constructions Technical and Steel Constructions SA (AT: INCr ), which lost 4.38% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.310 in late trade. Thrace Plastic (AT: THRr ) declined 4.31% or 0.100 points to end at 2.220 and Reds (AT: CAMr ) shed 4.30% or 0.040 points to 0.890.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 64 to 43 and 12 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 1.17% or 14.50 to $1256.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.04% or 0.77 to hit $73.17 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.05% or 0.04 to trade at $77.34 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.1656, while EUR/GBP fell 0.16% to 0.8842.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 94.37.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.