At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite fell 0.41%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Elliniki Technodomiki Anemos SA (AT: ANEMr ), which rose 5.20% or 0.085 points to trade at 1.720 at the close. Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ) added 4.63% or 0.062 points to end at 1.400 and Ekter (AT: EKTr ) was up 3.23% or 0.040 points to 1.280 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kekrops SA (AT: KEKr ), which lost 5.88% or 0.0800 points to trade at 1.2800 in late trade. Titan Cement Company SA (AT: TTNr ) declined 5.47% or 1.130 points to end at 19.520 and Iktinos Hellas (AT: IKTr ) shed 4.53% or 0.2200 points to 4.6400.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 58 to 45 and 20 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.37% or 4.85 to $1302.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 3.78% or 2.03 to hit $51.66 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 3.13% or 1.93 to trade at $59.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.25% to 1.1441, while EUR/GBP rose 0.47% to 0.8685.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.