Greece shares lower at close of trade; Athens General Composite down 0.43%
Investing.com – Greece equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Retail , Financials and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 0.43%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Intralot (AT: INLr ), which rose 3.65% or 0.028 points to trade at 0.796 at the close. Iktinos Hellas (AT: IKTr ) added 3.53% or 0.2000 points to end at 5.8600 and K.L.M. (AT: KLUr ) was up 2.11% or 0.014 points to 0.678 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ), which lost 6.34% or 0.0064 points to trade at 0.0946 in late trade. Loulis Mills (AT: LOUr ) declined 5.36% or 0.12 points to end at 2.12 and Crete Plastics SA (AT: PLAKR ) shed 4.20% or 0.600 points to 13.700.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 58 to 29 and 25 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.01% or 0.10 to $1218.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 2.78% or 1.92 to hit $67.25 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 2.44% or 1.82 to trade at $72.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.1608, while EUR/GBP rose 0.45% to 0.9002.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 94.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or