At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite lost 0.48%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were National Bank of Greece (AT: NBGr ), which rose 857.14% or 2.100 points to trade at 2.345 at the close. Intralot (AT: INLr ) added 6.22% or 0.046 points to end at 0.785 and ThesKi Port (AT: OLTr ) was up 4.82% or 1.20 points to 26.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Reds (AT: CAMr ), which lost 9.73% or 0.090 points to trade at 0.835 in late trade. Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ) declined 5.42% or 0.130 points to end at 2.270 and Alpha Bank SA (AT: ACBr ) shed 3.03% or 0.048 points to 1.535.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 56 to 49 and 11 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.22% or 2.60 to $1207.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.50% or 0.35 to hit $70.12 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.86% or 0.67 to trade at $78.31 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.14% to 1.1619, while EUR/GBP rose 0.78% to 0.9023.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 95.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.