At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite lost 0.50%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Elastron SA (AT: ELSRr ), which rose 3.51% or 0.0400 points to trade at 1.1800 at the close. Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ) added 3.50% or 0.0014 points to end at 0.0414 and Attica Bank SA (AT: BOAr ) was up 2.28% or 0.003 points to 0.126 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ), which lost 4.67% or 0.043 points to trade at 0.877 in late trade. Intralot (AT: INLr ) declined 4.39% or 0.021 points to end at 0.469 and Marfin Invest (AT: MRFr ) shed 3.33% or 0.003 points to 0.072.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 58 to 28 and 23 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.40% or 5.00 to $1242.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 1.75% or 0.92 to hit $51.66 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.25% or 0.77 to trade at $60.68 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.55% to 1.1298, while EUR/GBP rose 0.21% to 0.8992.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.45% at 97.488.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.