Greece shares lower at close of trade; Athens General Composite down 0.62%
Investing.com – Greece equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Travel , Household and Industrials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite fell 0.62%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ), which rose 6.06% or 0.120 points to trade at 2.100 at the close. Public Power (AT: DEHr ) added 4.23% or 0.08 points to end at 1.97 and J. & P. Avax (AT: AVAr ) was up 4.10% or 0.024 points to 0.609 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kekrops SA (AT: KEKr ), which lost 3.57% or 0.0500 points to trade at 1.3500 in late trade. Intralot (AT: INLr ) declined 3.42% or 0.038 points to end at 1.074 and Cenergy Holdings SA (AT: CENEr ) shed 3.28% or 0.0400 points to 1.1800.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 63 to 50 and 9 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.25% or 3.20 to $1276.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.67% or 1.10 to hit $64.59 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.78% or 0.59 to trade at $74.75 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.46% to 1.1570, while EUR/GBP rose 0.10% to 0.8782.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.36% at 94.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or