At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite fell 0.64%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Iaso (AT: IASr ), which rose 5.49% or 0.044 points to trade at 0.846 at the close. Techn Olympic (AT: OLYr ) added 4.37% or 0.055 points to end at 1.315 and Karatzi (AT: KRTr ) was up 4.35% or 0.250 points to 6.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ), which lost 7.64% or 0.0420 points to trade at 0.5080 in late trade. Nireus Aqua (AT: NIRr ) declined 6.75% or 0.012 points to end at 0.171 and National Bank of Greece SA (AT: NBGr ) shed 5.45% or 0.066 points to 1.144.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 57 to 41 and 17 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.21% or 14.50 to $1213.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.01% or 0.57 to hit $56.82 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.13% or 0.75 to trade at $66.87 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.01% to 1.1309, while EUR/GBP rose 1.87% to 0.8867.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.40% at 97.05.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.