At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 0.92%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Crete Plastics SA (AT: PLAKR ), which rose 4.48% or 0.600 points to trade at 14.200 at the close. ThesKi Port (AT: OLTr ) added 2.83% or 0.70 points to end at 25.40 and J. & P. Avax (AT: AVAr ) was up 1.97% or 0.009 points to 0.440 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ellaktor SA (AT: HELr ), which lost 6.98% or 0.148 points to trade at 1.972 in late trade. Attica Bank SA (AT: BOAr ) declined 3.17% or 0.007 points to end at 0.229 and Gek Terna (AT: HRMr ) shed 2.78% or 0.150 points to 5.250.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 60 to 44 and 13 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.88% or 10.80 to $1217.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.78% or 0.53 to hit $68.28 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.59% or 0.43 to trade at $73.33 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.25% to 1.1610, while EUR/GBP rose 0.30% to 0.8933.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.39% at 95.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.