At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite lost 0.93%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Karatzi (AT: KRTr ), which rose 5.00% or 0.300 points to trade at 6.200 at the close. ThesKi Water (AT: TWSr ) added 3.61% or 0.150 points to end at 4.300 and Intracom Constructions Technical and Steel Constructions SA (AT: INCr ) was up 3.15% or 0.035 points to 1.145 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Alpha Bank SA (AT: ACBr ), which lost 9.44% or 0.095 points to trade at 0.911 in late trade. National Bank of Greece SA (AT: NBGr ) declined 4.30% or 0.043 points to end at 0.957 and Elliniki Technodomiki Anemos SA (AT: ANEMr ) shed 4.10% or 0.065 points to 1.520.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 63 to 40 and 16 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.20% or 2.55 to $1291.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 1.51% or 0.79 to hit $51.52 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.88% or 0.54 to trade at $60.78 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.14% to 1.1381, while EUR/GBP fell 0.37% to 0.8812.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 95.822.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.