At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite lost 1.05%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Autohellas (AT: AUTr ), which rose 4.55% or 1.00 points to trade at 23.00 at the close. Flexopack SA (AT: FLXr ) added 2.86% or 0.1300 points to end at 4.6800 and Papoutsanis (AT: PSALr ) was up 1.62% or 0.005 points to 0.313 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ), which lost 3.68% or 0.035 points to trade at 0.916 in late trade. Jumbo SA (AT: BABr ) declined 3.17% or 0.475 points to end at 14.515 and Centric Hold (AT: DESr ) shed 2.94% or 0.005 points to 0.165.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 63 to 40 and 7 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.55% or 7.07 to $1289.97 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.51% or 0.24 to hit $47.02 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.99% or 0.50 to trade at $50.77 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.22% to 1.1740, while EUR/GBP fell 0.20% to 0.9110.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 93.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.