At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 1.05%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Piraeus Bank SA (AT: BOPr ), which rose 4.42% or 0.100 points to trade at 2.360 at the close. Eurobank Ergasias SA (AT: EURBr ) added 3.03% or 0.020 points to end at 0.680 and Hellenic Petroleum SA (AT: HEPr ) was up 2.58% or 0.190 points to 7.550 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Euro Reliance (AT: EREr ), which lost 3.74% or 0.130 points to trade at 3.350 in late trade. Intracom Hold (AT: INRr ) declined 3.08% or 0.020 points to end at 0.630 and Quest Holdings (AT: IQTr ) shed 2.55% or 0.210 points to 8.010.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 51 to 40 and 18 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.31% or 3.93 to $1278.17 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.70% or 0.40 to hit $57.70 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.86% or 0.54 to trade at $63.07 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.54% to 1.1911, while EUR/GBP fell 0.31% to 0.8809.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.39% at 92.86.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.