Greece shares lower at close of trade; Athens General Composite down 1.30%
Investing.com – Greece equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Travel , Media and Retail sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Athens, the Athens General Composite declined 1.30%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Athens General Composite were Iaso (AT: IASr ), which rose 3.32% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.245 at the close. Reds (AT: CAMr ) added 2.50% or 0.020 points to end at 0.820 and Autohellas (AT: AUTr ) was up 1.82% or 0.40 points to 22.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gek Terna (AT: HRMr ), which lost 8.33% or 0.400 points to trade at 4.400 in late trade. Selonda Aquaculture SA (AT: SELr ) declined 7.22% or 0.0026 points to end at 0.0334 and Iktinos Hellas (AT: IKTr ) shed 6.33% or 0.2900 points to 4.2900.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 62 to 33 and 17 ended unchanged on the Athens Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.60% or 7.70 to $1289.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 4.84% or 2.20 to hit $47.61 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 4.87% or 2.62 to trade at $56.42 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.90% to 1.1359, while EUR/GBP rose 0.28% to 0.9013.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.62% at 96.325.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or